A. Self-Assessment of Performance Task (12 minutes)
- Distribute a fresh copy of the Narrative Writing: Becoming Visible Again after Internment rubric to each student, as well as a piece of lined paper. Post the following instructions and give students 10 minutes to work:
1. On the rubric, score your own narrative by circling one box for each category.
2. On the paper, explain why you gave yourself these scores.
3. On the paper, describe how Miné “became visible again” in your narrative. Use the words “dehumanization,” “isolation,” “dignity,” and/or “inclusion” in your explanation.
- When time is up, collect the rubrics and lined paper.