A. Entry Task: Unpacking Learning Targets/Reviewing Vocabulary (5 minutes)
- Tell students that today they get to demonstrate their progress on the learning targets:
* “I can cite evidence to support analysis of ‘Is Money Affecting Your Social Status?’”
* “I can analyze interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in ‘Is Money Affecting Your Social Status?’”
* “I can analyze how paragraphs of ‘Is Money Affecting Your Social Status?’ contribute to the development of the ideas in the text.”
- Assure students that there are no tricks to this assessment; it follows what they have been doing throughout the unit.
- Refer to the posted vocabulary list for “Is Money Affecting Your Social Status?” Tell students that these are three words or phrases they may not know. Have them look at the vocabulary while you read the words and definitions out loud.
- Answer any clarifying questions about the three vocabulary terms.