A. Reflecting on the Learning Targets (5 minutes)
- Invite students to gather together with their Preparing for a Science Talk note-catcher. Ask them to look over their notes and decide how prepared they feel for tomorrow’s Science Talk using the Fist to Five assessment strategy.
– Fist—“I am completely confused about what I’m supposed to do and am not prepared at all!”
– One finger—“I kind of know what I’m doing but still need more support and/or time.”
– Two fingers—“I’m getting there. I know what I need to do, I just need a little more support and/or time.”
– Three fingers—“I’m almost there.”
– Four fingers—“I’m feeling really good about tomorrow’s Science Talk.”
– Five fingers—“I’m ready to do the Science Talk right now! Let’s go!”