- I can write informative /explanatory texts that convey ideas and concepts using relevant information that is carefully selected and organized. (W.6.2)
a. I can introduce the topic of my text.
a. I can organize my information using various strategies (e.g., definition/classification, comparison/contrast, cause/effect).
b. I can develop the topic with relevant facts, definitions, concrete details, and quotations.
c. I can use transitions to clarify relationships among my ideas.
d. I can use contextually specific language/vocabulary to inform or explain about a topic.
e. I can establish and maintain a formal style in my writing.
f. I can construct a concluding statement or section of an informative/explanatory text.
- I can produce clear and coherent writing that is appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (W.6.4)
- With support from peers and adults, I can use a writing process to produce clear and coherent writing. (W.6.5)
- I can use evidence from a variety of grade-appropriate texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.(W.6.9)
- I can use correct grammar and usage when writing or speaking. (L.6.1)
- I can use correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling to send a clear message to my reader. (L.6.2)