- I can describe the characters in a story (their traits, motivations, feelings). (RL.3.3)
- I can explain how a character’s actions contribute to the events in the story. (RL.3.3)
- I can use literary terms to describe parts of a story or poem (e.g., chapter, scene, stanza). (RL.3.5)
- I can determine the main idea and supporting details in text that is read aloud to me. (SL.3.2)
- I can distinguish between my point of view and the author’s point of view. (RL.3.6)
- I can write an opinion piece that supports a point of view with reasons. (W.3.1)
a. I can introduce the topic of my opinion piece.
b. I can identify reasons that support my opinion.
- I can effectively engage in discussions with diverse partners about third-grade topics and texts. (SL.3.1)